Introduction

Hellooo!

I just finished my third year at WSU.  I am majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry and Criminal Justice.  On campus, I'm active in National Residence Hall Honorary and a Student LAS Senator for Student Government Association.  Outside of campus, I volunteer at a nonprofit organization called Beauties and Beasts.  This group rescues animals off death row and finds forever homes for these dogs and cats.

I am from Minnesota and came to Kansas to go to WSU.  I really fell in love with WSU because of their diversity, affordability and it's campus!  I do miss Minnesota a lot and wish to move back there once all of my schooling is done!  Being from Minnesota, I miss the woods/forests, being able to hike, and going to the lake!

I have always had a passion for animals, especially dogs!  I currently work at a Pet Resort where I spend a lot of time with dogs.  With my Biology degree, I want to further my education by going into Veterinarian Medicine and hopefully opening my own clinic one day.  

Funny Cute Animated Dog Gifs at Best Animations

My minor in Criminal Justice seems confusing to some people, but it is simple for me.  I have always been weirdly interested in crime shows whether it be fictional or real-life documentaries.  I took a few introduction classes in criminal justice and decided it was worth my time (and money) to minor in it because all of these classes are so interesting and really mind opening.  I love a class that really challenges me academically and really gets to me to think on a deeper level.  I think that is why I really like Biology is because it is academically challenging but yet still keeps me interested and I like Criminal Justice because it causes me to think deeper about various topics.

Besides studying and working, in my free time I like to nap, pet dogs, cook, or watch different streaming services.  Right now my top shows to watch are Super Natural (rewatching), That 70's Show (rewatching for the fifth time), CSI, Scooby Doo (I can NEVER get enough of this show!) and American Horror Story.

Motorcycle Escape GIF by Scooby-Doo - Find & Share on GIPHY

Comments

  1. Welcome to the class! It is nice to e-meet you.

    Beauties and Beasts sounds amazing!!! Obviously, I like dogs, too. :)

    My husband is from Minnesota! I've been there a few times. I really like Minneapolis. Go Vikings!!

    There is an extra credit video in Week 1 about a rehabilitation program where incarcerated individuals train dogs. I definitely recommend checking it out.

    Awesome, we will definitely get into some deep thinking and controversial topics in this class.

    Great hobbies. I love the GIFs!! :)

    -Dr. B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment